Saturday, February 18, 2017

Full Sail University: Hall of Fame 8


This past week I had the immense pleasure of participating as a panelist at Full Sail University's eighth Hall of Fame. This annual, week-long event consists of industry panels, job fairs, screenings, and an induction ceremony where six graduates who are doing tremendous work in their respective fields get inducted.

Picture by International Student Eduardo Notcull

I participated in five panels, three of which were recorded and you can watch below. It was so humbling to share the table with greats such as Sound Designer David Farmer (The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogy) or Co-Executive Producer Troy DeVolld (Hollywood Game Night, Dancing With the Stars). I'm thankful to the students who showed up to the panels I was a part of and asked great questions, which taught me new perspectives and reinforced my knowledge in what I do.

Documentary & Activist Filmmaking panel

For me, this event was a retreat. Despite the lack of sleep and my lost voice, it has recharged my batteries and inspired me to go back to Los Angeles and work even harder and more passionately.

With HOF inductees Ashish Manshada, Jack Geckler, and David Farmer

I want to thank every "Hall of Famer," fellow graduate, student, and the faculty & staff for making me feel at home and motivating me so much. Listening to your stories and experiences, and spending time with you have affected my personal and professional life significantly. From DJ Swivel's Grammy for Closer to Steven C. Miller's new movie deal to direct Escape Plan 2 with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone. I am so grateful for this new group of people I now get to call family. I'm looking forward to seeing you succeed this year and I can't wait for Hall of Fame 9.





No comments:

Post a Comment